Sunday, October 26, 2008







My dearest Connor-



Again you are asleep...of course, when else to I get anything done? So much has happened since I last wrote. I promise I will get better at this. Mommy hates being organized. It takes too much energy! Alas, though, I want you to have an account of every little thing you do in your first year and beyond so we can embarass you some day!






Well, shortly after you turned 4 months, we took a three week trip to Michigan and stayed in the brand new Lake House at Ford Lake. Every morning, we would get up and go out to the great room to get blinded by the light! Mommy loved that room! We saw almost every single relative you have on this Earth that trip. We attended the Campbell Reunion aka Barothy, my high school reunion (20th!), The Ohse Reunion, a post partum baby shower for you know who, an Anniversary Party and your Uncle Ryan's 40th birthday party! Whew! You were very good for most of those big car hikes! Daddy really liked sitting in the back seat right next to you. Gramma and Grampa loved having you there too. And finally you got to meet your cousins Bryce and Erica too!


Once back in New York it seemed that no time passed and you were already 5 months old! and now 6 and a half! You laugh easily now and get frustrated when you can't reach something. You roll over and over and turn around like a clock. Everytime you are in the crib your legs end up sticking out, flailing in the air outside the crib. You melt my heart every morning when you realize you're awake and "recognize" me and smile.. you also have been trained by Daddy that you get picked up when he claps his hands. It just happened that way but now you assume the cutest "position" whenever either of us walks by. It's as if you think if you are ready, we will be more inclined to pick you up and gee it doesn't hurt to try... there's a picture of Connor's superman arms up position at the top.
Lately you have tried to see how loud you can "talk". It sounds like you are screaming and yet you have such a happy look on your face. I think the neighbors must be wondering what's going on!
We continue to see the Moms and Babies from the Birth Class. Half have teeth by now, and you are holding out. You are growing some more blonde hairs on that beautiful head of yours as well. Sometimes you look just like a fair haired Daddy and sometimes quite a lot like Mommy. Always you have Mommy's eyes and ears!
I love you honey, I'll write back soon.



2 comments:

jules said...

Connor what a cutie you are we love you so much and can't wait to see you and play with you. I hope your Mommy posts a picture of you in your Halloween outfit soon!

jensenbo said...

What a little doll you are Connor! It was so much fun to see you this summer -- and my -- have you grown. I love to hear how you are doing and see pictures of you. Thanks, Mommy for writing this blog. It's a good way to keep in touch even though we are so far away.